October 15, 2020 2 min read
In this article we are going to list 7 benefits of a parent facing stroller in NZ. It may seem such a small thing but it's actually the simplest thing you can do to help your child's early development.
Many of the following points are made using research from a study conducted by the university of Dundee with 2,722 participants. The study is actually titled 'away facing strollers stress babies' which gives you an idea right away as to their findings.
1. Better engagement with your child - The study found that your child was less likely to talk, laugh and interact with their parents if they were forward facing.
2. Lowers stress levels - Stressed babies grow into stressed adults according to the study they experimented with 20 babies forward facing and 20 babies rear facing. Parents using the face to face strollers were more likely to talk with the child and in tern they were less likely to exhibit signs of stress. Stressed babies natural reaction is to cry.
3. Safety first - Similar to why we have babies rear-facing in a car seat in the first two years, having your baby face you in a stroller has the same effect. If you accidentally hit the curb or a bump on the pavement, your little one's head and neck will not jerk forward the same way it would if they were forward-facing.
4. Bonding - Let's be honest, in the first few months all we want to do is stare at our new creation and smile and form a strong bond. When we are out walking, if you have your little one facing you in the stroller you can talk to them, smile and interact with them. Boosting everyones serotonin.
5. Emotional comfort - A babies face has a natural ability to make people smile and feel good. This is a simple way to gain emotional comfort.
6. Better sleep/naps -Happy babies that are not in anyway stressed are more likely to have better sleeps. So if you fancy a nice walk where your child sleeps and doesn't cry then a parent facing stroller is for you.
7. Option to face both ways -While all the points outlined above are true. There may be a situation where you want your child to be able to look forward. The Nuna Triv stroller allows for an easy switch between forward facing and rear or parent facing.
Godzown General Store Recommends The Nuna Triv Stroller
I hope the article the 7 benefits of a parent facing stroller have convinced you to look into buying this type of stroller as it will greatly assist with your child's emotional development and just help make them a happy stress free baby. And we all want that.
Comments will be approved before showing up.